On Mon, Jul 06, 2020 at 07:40:27PM +0000, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
I use postfix for my own domain and have been forwarding my email to
outlook.com for years.  Recently, email has just been disappearing
between my server and my inbox so I set it to forward my email to
gmail.com.  Shortly after, I saw some messages like these in the logs:

You're running into intentional breakage caused by SPF and DMARC.
Sadly, this means that (simple) mail forwarding no longer works
reliably.

In reading Google documentation, I learned SPF is failing.  Further
reading revealed this is a common problem with forwarded email since
it is not being sent by an authorized IP address.  Other articles
suggested the workaround for this is to change the "Mail From:" to
reflect my domain since I have SPF configured for it.  And maybe this
is what is meant by SRS (Sender Rewriting Scheme)?