On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 08:20:01AM +0300, Simo Tukiainen wrote:

> Eventually I solved these configuration problems with postmulti with a
> configuration similar to as described here:
> http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html.
> I suppose one could also do it by defining different transports with
> those settings in master.cf, but I found the setup with postmulti
> easiest to understand and use since I'm a postfix novice.

Thanks for the endorsement!  I sometimes feel that the multi-instance
aproach is under-appreciated, and new users are at times reluctant to
try it, fearing it will more complex.  I am glad to see that at least
one is brave enough to take the plunge.

I guess it takes a mix of requirements that are in combination complex
to implement without getting in each other's way, but can be cleanly
separated into distinct groups for separate message flows (null client,
inbound mail, outbound mail, ...).

If that's your situation, don't be unduly afraid of multiple instances,
divide and conquer.

--
    Viktor.