Massimo Federico Bonfigli:
> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to have milters be triggered after a
> local delivery agent list expansion. For example in the alias file I might
> have an entry like:
>
> frank-list    :include:/lists/frank-list
>
> and /lists/frank-frank maybe contains 3-4 addresses. I would like the
> milter to action each and every of these emails separately.
>
> My understanding is that Milters intervene before mail is queued for
> delivery, either including or not  the trivial-rewrite done by the cleanup
> service on mail ingestion,however local agent expansion is done at delivery
> and I am unsure if those expanded emails are going to be screened again by
> the Milter.

Postix avoids content-filtering forwarded mail that is forwarded
inside Postfix.

To force Milter inspection, resubmit the message.

frank-list: "|/usr/sbin/sendmail -f owner-frank-l...@example.com
frank-list-out@localhost
owner-frank-list: y...@example.com
frank-list-out: :include:/lists/frank-list

and block direct mail to frank-list-out on the SMTP port, if you're
concerned about abuse.

This is a crude example; if you need more control over the message
use a list manager such as mailman.