From: owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org <owner-postfix-us...@postfix.org> On
Behalf Of Wietse Venema
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 2:24 PM
To: postfix-users@postfix.org
Subject: Re: Wrong Domain in Null Client Setup

Viktor Dukhovni:
The options are:

- Set a FQDN in /etc/hostname (or equivalent)

- Set a FQDN in main.cf:myhostname

- Set main.cf:mydomain

Postfix will not rely on DNS to figure out its domain name, because it must be
able to run when the network is down.

Postfix must be able to run on a disconnected machine, and therefore it cannot
use DNS to figure out the domain portion of