> My mailserver once had some issues on sending messages to different
> providers. I have contacted the provders and most of them were kind
> enough to resolve the blocking issue. Thanks for them (ATT, GMX,
> 1and1 etc).

I'm in the same boat with one provider, charter.net, to shame them
publicly.  They block my mail host (with proper SPF records, reverse
DNS) mail.stoffel.org for some reason.  Probably because the block all
of linode's address space.  Jerks.

> But t-online.de keep blocking me. I have contacted them twice and got the
> same answer:

> We only allow evidently commercial or similar operators to connect
> to our mailservers. So, as a private user please use an SMTP relay
> or e-mail gateway of your hoster or ISP, that you can use as part of
> your contract with them. Their support will surely help you to
> configure your system accordingly.

Oh well...

> That's so strange policy to permit only commercial company to send
> messages to them.  But there are many small companies/org who have
> their own mailservers, which can't send messages to t-online
> directly.

> How do you think of this behavior?

It sucks big time.  But unfortunately I can see more and more large
providers going this route.

I wonder if they block hosts in the .edu domains as well like this?