Dnia 30.11.2022 o godz. 23:41:53 Nikolai Lusan pisze:

> My question is: How do they deal with non-european entities who do not
> have such legal impediments in their jurisdiction?

While it is actually a legal requirement *in Germany* (not in whole Europe!)
and for *German* websites to have such an imprint in general, in this case
it seems to have actually nothing to do with legislation - there is no such
legal requirement for mail senders, and they seem just to pick up an
existing legal construction and put it into their own requirements for mail
senders. So you either comply to their requirement or the don't accept mail
from you.

> Also what exact check
> are they running? Do they verify the addresses and phone numbers at
> all?

As I can understand from the discussion on "mailop" list, they don't seem to
be actually verifying anything. They only check if the imprint is present
and the data looks plausible, ie. isn't obviously fake :)

> I am pretty sure most Australian companies would fail to meet this
> criteria (for example I just look at the Telstra -
> https://www.telstra.com.au - website and I can't see where Australias
> largest telecommunications operator fails this test, and I'd hate to
> think of the number of Telstra customers that would fail to send email
> to these mail servers (most of who would get belligerent at bounced
> email).

I guess they are just accepting large and "well-known" senders. But for
small senders, you have to go to the process described.

> I know that I don't want to, and am not required to, provide
> that information for any of my domains, or domains that I host for other
> entities.

Me neither :). Someone recently reported on the "mailop" list that he
managed to unblock several servers without the need to provide the imprint -
so it looks they don't always enforce this requirement, but usually they do.

If you want to discuss more about this topic, I suggest you join the
discussion on "mailop" list, as it is quite active there:
https://www.mailop.org/ (btw. this site has an imprint - called "impressum"
in German - and it lists a New Zealand address)
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa