Am 10.03.23 um 17:12 schrieb Marvin Renich via Postfix-users:
Additionally, every MUA that I know of recognizes a subject beginning
with "Re:" or "RE:" and when replying avoids duplicating this in the
reply subject.

While I have used mutt exclusively for a long time to send email, I
occasionally use other programs for reading.  I just checked both
Thunderbird and Evolution (and mutt), and none of them recognize
"[prefix] Re:", so unless the person replying realizes it and manually
adjusts the subject, the subject will keep growing with each reply.

I have not heard of any MUA that recognizes "[prefix] Re:", but that
doesn't mean there aren't any.

Please, please, _please_ remove the subject prefix.

I don't know about Mailman 3 because it seems like an underfeatured
rewrite (someone tell me if it learned all Mailman 2 features AND has a
sound migration path including stable archive URLs shipping in the
defualt install and not requiring holey scripting languages) - but the
list drivers should strip duplicate Re: [prefix] tags.

What you, Marvin, have seen is probably something on your sending end,
or the old and the new Subject prefix mixed. Or else please point me to
a message-ID of a mail send through the new list driver that has "[pfx]
Re: [pfx] Re:" or similar messups. I don't see such in my Thunderbird
view of what I received through the mailing list, except some "[pfx] Re:
[P-U] Re:" on this very thread, which will stop once people stop keeping
the [P-U], or in case there's a filter installed that weeds out the
[P-U] from the Subject:s.