On Fri, May 05, 2023 at 07:01:03AM +1000, Sean Gallagher via Postfix-users
wrote:

> Specify "all" to receive mail on all network interfaces (default),
> "loopback-only" to receive mail on loopback network interfaces only
> (Postfix version 2.2 and later) or leave blank to disable the reception
> of email (i.e. outgoing service only).

Actually, mail can still be received when the master.cf entry specifies
an explicit address:port.  There is just no implicit wildcard listen
address (or is a configuration error reported?).  I don't know what
actually happens when "inet_interfaces" is explicitly blank.

To actually disable inet services, use the "master_service_disable"
parameter.

--
    Viktor.