On Nov 12, 2005, at 9:53 PM, Clark Martin wrote:

Try plugging in some headphones then sleeping it.

Will do in the morning.

Does it happen when you sleep it from the menu and when you sleep it by shutting the computer?

Yep.  Both times.

On Nov 12, 2005, at 8:39 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Yes, when the computer first goes to sleep, I assume. I am thinking that it could be the HD spinning down. Is there any other time it does this noise?
Startup or shutdown?

It's not the HD at all, I am 100% sure. The HD is already sound asleep when I hear the little click sound. Actually, it's not really a *click*, it's more like of an electrical noise, if you can picture that.

I am 100% sure it's the sleep light, because I only hear the noise the split second the light is lit.

What type of drive is in the xexpansion bay? Does it have anything in it?

Currently, the floppy disk drive.  No, it has nothing in it.

Thanks. :-)
--
Ian Nixon
http://nixon.homeunix.com/~Ian/