In a message dated 11/13/2005 7:17:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> With much respect and appreciation, Ivy, I don't think you understand
> the problem.  I hear the slight noise only when the LED is lit - no
> HD, not a power-up noise, etc.  I really appreciate your help, but
> it's kinda *not* helping, if you know what I mean.
>
> Keep suggestions coming though!  Something could be the answer... :-)

Yeah, I "understood" what you mean, and what you were saying the entire time.

What I could not get you to understand, evidently, was that LEDs (most
likely)
do NOT make noise. Something is making the noise in your laptop, that
coincided with the LED being activated. PMU card, perhaps?

Wow. To think that I have actually been treating this "sleep light" problem
as if
it were my own, because I have a Kanga and a 5300c?

Not uncoincidently, Ian, I think I am fresh out of unhelpful ideas regarding
your
problem. My next suggestion *may* have suggested that the source of your
problem could be originating from a place that is physically impossible to be
the cause, unless you happened to be sitting on top of your laptop when you
heard the noise.

So, to paraphrase another Nixon,

"You won't have me to kick around anymore."

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Ivy F., AL
"Roll Tide!"
Beiges, 'Books and other oddities