In a message dated 11/12/05 10:20:58 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>It's not the HD at all, I am 100% sure.  The HD is already sound asleep
>
>when I hear the little click sound.  Actually, it's not really a
>*click*, it's more like of an electrical noise, if you can picture
>that.
>
>I am 100% sure it's the sleep light, because I only hear the noise the
>
>split second the light is lit.

Oh, an electrical noise? Like when a Powerbook is started up and the sound
has been muted?

My 5300 does the same thing whenever it is plugged in. A little "pop" sound,
as if it had no power at all in awhile.... but other than that it works fine.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Ivy F., AL
"Roll Tide!"
Beiges, 'Books and other oddities