Per Åström said:

>when I switch to powermail from another application (with liteswitch or
>applicationswitcher) all scrollbars are faded or nonactive. By clicking
>on them or on the topborder they turn into their active state. It
>happens in all windows (mail, recent mail, browser).
>
>Is my description good enough? I havent seen this behaviour previously.

Do you also use SpamSieve? Do you have PM fetch messages quite often? I
have reported a bug where windows are made inactive when fetching
messages and seemingly also when SpamSieve is treating the same messages,
which is often. Perhaps this also happens when PM is in the background.
When in the foreground and you are writing a message, one symptom would
be that your current outgoing message window that you write in go
inactive, causing the last written characters to not appear and writing
has to stop until a click makes it active again.

If so what could be happening, is that PowerMail fetches messages in the
background and whatever window was active go inactive, which is what you
say you see.

It could be something else too and it doesn't have to be PowerMail
either. Please keep notes as this is a very irritating bug. Well, at
least when you're writing.

PM 5.2.2 Swedish | OS X 10.3.9 | Powerbook G4/400Mhz | 1GB RAM | 30GB HD