Mikael Byström wrote:

>I do think that under the circumstances it's still unacceptable for an
>app to crash because a usually non-critical font is missing. It would be
>better to display a dialog that the message couldn't be shown.

The problem is that there is so many system components that can be
uninstalled or corrupted in some way that it is completely impossible to
check for them.
As a general rule, avoid removing manually anything from the /System/
Library folder. "Non-critical" fonts are in /Library, or in the Library
of your home folder.

Jérôme - PowerMail Engineering

   "I use PM from years and I can say it is the best mail client. It has
    its roots in EMailer and is fantastic."
  PowerMail user comment on www.versiontracker.com

         Download a demo version from www.ctmdev.com