Steve Abrahamson sez:

>The notion that people "should" archive "because I do," is
>purely subjective; one of the beauties of the Mac is that we can work
>the way we choose to.

I don't think I've ever said this. People are always free to work the
way they wish. When I mention how I archive, it's merely a suggestion,
not a demand. You're free to use your software however you want.

You're also free to repeatedly hit yourself in the head with a hammer. :)

You keep saying you don't want to search "here, there and everywhere."
Well, I don't. I search my PowerMail. I open my archive and search
there. Two places -- that's it. And I usually know if the mail I'm
looking for came this year or would be in the archive. It takes less
than 5 seconds to open the archive and search. It is not the chore you
paint it to be. If the database were tied into Spotlight, then I could
search my Powermail and Archive right in it -- only one place to look.
(Maybe Filemaker Pro 8 is? I haven't updated from 5.5 yet...)

I don't think people are talking about their archiving or mail
management experiences because they want you to do it "because I do." I
think they're just offering alternatives to bumping up constantly
against a 2GB limit that doesn't look like it's going to change any time
soon. The only other option is to find or make another email client that
allows more than 2GB and has the features you apparently like in
PowerMail. That or get CTM to do that poll and reconsider, but my
hypothesis is most people don't reach the limit. (I'm more than happy to
be proved wrong in that hypothesis when the poll is done :) )

--
Michael Lewis
Off Balance Productions