On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:01:14 -0800 Richard Hart said:

>(1) Does any hosting service or ISP offer you the capability to bounce
>spam? I know many offer excellent SPAM sequestering tools, even deleting
>offending messages so you never have to see them.
>
>But what I'd like to do is have my mail server bounce messages from
>specific IP addresses. For this service, I would switch mail service
>providers in a heartbeat.
>
>(2) What is the best way to deal with the relatively recent phenomenon
>of GIF spam. You know the ones. The Subject and body are random text.
>The attachment is a graphic containing the spam pitch. I haven't been
>able to derive a common identifier for them in the headers, and they are
>not easy to define in a spam rule.
>
>Richard Hart

I filter GIF and JPG spam before it reaches the Spamsieve filter so they
don't "pollute" the Spamsieve corpus.

In my filters, my first filter is called "Spam-gif" and has two conditions:

    From is not in address book
    Attachment ends with .gif

The Actions consist of:

    Move message into folder Spam
    Set label to Priority 4

I check my Spam folder once a day and delete the obvious spam after
reporting it to SpamCop.

Geoff

--
Using PowerMail 5.5 (SpamSieve 2.4.4) on a G5 dual 1.8MHz, 3 GB RAM,
under MacOSX 10.4.8