Matthias Schmidt said:

>the problem with this bug is anyway, that it doesn't occur always.
>And I'm not sure, if Chris' "workaround" with opening a blanc window
>really works.
>It never came to my mind that the problem might be related to open a window.
I forgot to ask, are there any messages in the Console app when you this
problem occurs? Please chime in you others that have had the same
problem, with your observations.

I wish I could help out more, but as I don't know a way to reproduce it
on my system, I can only speculate.

>Anyway, I'd update to 10.4.11, else you miss all the security updates
>and that is a security issue.

Well, I would but I'm using legacy software that can't be used in a
production system after 10.4.8 without risking unwelcome halts in my
work, so that's why. I can live without the security updates for now.

Mikael

Technoids:
PM 5.6.3 build 4504 sv / SpamSieve 2.6.6 sv | OS X 10.4.8 | Powerbook
G4/400 | 1GB / 80GB