Allen wrote on 2011-09-12:
>  I am wondering why you want an alternative to VFP. It's not dead yet
despite
>  the marketing , lies I think " of Servoy. 2015 isnt it before its
dropped.
>  Anyway what makes Servoy any better than VFP. It's still an unknown as
far
>  as clients are concerned.
>  Also Ken is not on the team. He is just a marketing gimmick.
>  Don't get me wrong, I have not tried it and due to the costs am unlikely
to.
>  So I don't know what it is like for a programmer. Is it better than VFP
or
>  just getting caught up with the marketing.
>  Allen

The cost of Servoy removed it from our options as well.

I've not looked at it, but I just saw it mentioned. Alpha Five V10
http://www.alphasoftware.com/
"Alpha Software is offering a free full copy of Alpha Five Developer to
every attendee of Southwest Fox 2011, a $349 value. Alpha Five allows you to
rapidly develop both web and desktop database applications. Alpha Software
is exhibiting at this year's Southwest Fox, so you'll have a chance to meet
and talk with them about their product."

Tracy Pearson
PowerChurch Software