On 4/29/2014 9:03 PM, GaryT wrote:
On 30/04/14 01:15, Ted Roche wrote:

[BIG SNIP]

I was able to find the place to donate.

Ted, and others...

Did you have to fill in all your personal details?
Name, address, etc

I was presented with a page requiring lots of details, and I elected to provide only a "public" name. Selected Paypal and the attempt failed.

Soon with red paint everywhere it became apparent that they wanted all my personal details as well. I refused to play that game.

As far as I'm concerned if they want to collect names etc for their database they should say that up front. I'm giving them money from a source that could only be considered reputable and they have absolutely no security reasons to ask for all my personal details. It's hard enough to retain a little bit of privacy these days without falling for things like that.

Sorry, Ed. I've donated twice before but if you want me again, please tell me where I can send something privately.

GaryT

I know someone that donated anonymously and entered the minimal information. I don't even think Ed knows she/he donated or how much. The donor does not use Pay Pal, though. So Pay Pal may be the problem here.