Great!

I can't take credit, I'm sure I got it from some website, but I can't remember where. Glad it worked for you.

Mike

Rafael Copquin wrote:
Works exactly as I wanted
Thank you very much

El 31/10/2014 18:01, Rafael Copquin escribió:
Thank you Mike
I'll try this code.

El 31/10/2014 16:46, Mike Copeland escribió:
Geez, it's one of those days...
Further Clarification...

I call this routine from a timer that fires every minute. If the lnTimeOut value was 5 minutes (300 seconds) I would probably set the time to 4 or 5 minutes.

My need is to close out my application if it isn't 'active' because the workstations are in a retail environment with public access (smart inquisitive kids.)

Mike

Mike Copeland wrote:
Clarification...

What this does is watch for mouse movement or keyboard input as reported by the OS. If, after 60 seconds (with this example) no user activity (mouse, keyboard) the "lnElapsed < lnTick" is true and you can proceed as you see fit.

Mike

Mike Copeland wrote:
This is a huge issue for my application. Here's what I use...

    DECLARE INTEGER GetTickCount IN kernel32
    DECLARE SHORT GetLastInputInfo IN win32API STRING @

    Local lcBuf, lnLast, lnTick, lnTimeOut, lnElapsed
    lnTimeOut=60  && # of seconds
    lcBuf=BinToC(8,'4rs')+BinToC(0,'4rs')
    GetLastInputInfo(@lcBuf)
    lnLast=CToBin(Substr(lcBuf,5,4),'4rs')
    lnTick=GetTickCount()
    lnElapsed = lnLast+(lnTimeOut*1000)
    If lnElapsed < lnTick
            * do what you want here, they're out of time
    EndIf

Mike Copeland

Rafael Copquin wrote:
I wonder what is the best way to kick users out of an app when they have it open for ages without doing anything (the typical out-to-lunch). The user has a number of files open and does not do anything for a long time.

I want to have the system shut itself down after 5 or 10 minutes of inactivity

Suggestions please

Rafael Copquin