Wow!

I am still here despite the much feared, even more hated, Daylight Saving
Time change!  And all of my business PCs updated correctly (including the
NT4SP6a Server with a 3rd party patch).  The M$ Win2000ProSP4 patch even
worked!  The only machine that did not update was Lynda's (wife) personal
Dell.  Then again, in fairness I have it set to not update its XP Media OS
automatically, and neither she or I have performed any updates for over a
month (until this morning).  Once I updated her to the latest XP Media
patches her DST adjustment kicked in just fine.

If anyone is interested in the M$ 2000ProSP4 or the 3rd party patch
solutions for Win9x - XP SP0/1, you can hit my ftp Server as an Anonymous
User (do not use Passive Mode, it is far too slow - and may not let you in
anyway), navigate to the "SoftwareDaylightSavingPatches" directory.  Under
there you will find the software I used.  My ftp Server site is located at
"gilhale.dnsalias.com" if you are using an ftp Client app.  If you are using
IE, you must be using at least IE6, and under the Advanced Options you need
to enable "ftp Folder View", and disable "Passive Mode".  Then, in the IE
Address Entry field, you can hit my ftp Server with
"ftp://gilhale.dnsalias.com";.  If you prefer to use your Windows File
Explorer you can enter the same address in its Address Entry field.

Another nice time related app I use to synch many PCs to accurate Time
Servers is Atomic Clock.  It is offered for free, and is located under my
"Software\AtomicClockForPCs_Free" directory.  Be certain to go into the
"File" menu dropdown and set it to load with Windows, and to run minimized.
I use that app with one main Server/PC that I am certain will "always" be
running, then point the rest of the PCs on the LAN to that Atomic Clock
synched machine via the following "Net" command, which I add to the Windows
Scheduler to fire off once each day early in the morning, but after any
other scheduled tasks are done running.  That take the cumulative load off
the various Time Servers over the Internet connection.

net.exe time \\ServerName /set /yes

As an aside, as predicted by one of our FoxHeads a while ago, the
AtomicClock time synch software did not adjust for the new DST change.  You
still need the new DST patch installed locally on each PC, as the
AtomicClock app apparently indexes everything from GMT, and the local
machine's OS will make TimeZone & DST changes internally.  What a PITA, eh?

Ciao!

Gil

Gilbert M. Hale
New Freedom Data Resources
Pittsford, NY
585-359-8085 - Office (Rolls To Cellular)
585-202-4341 - Cellular/VoiceMail
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

multipart/mixed
  application/ms-tnef