Kenneth Kixmoeller/fh wrote:
> I don't know: Folks, whadaya think? Other technical careers are
> certainly hard:
>
> Doctors have to (or *should*) keep up with an incredible pace of
> change. Compared to them, I'd say we have it easy. (And our failure
> consequences are not so dire.)
>
> Engineers? Civil & structural have new materials developed
> continually, but are there any "paradigm shifts" like other
> professions, or is the change more incremental?
>
> Any other WAG's who has it easier or harder?

I'm sure doctors have it worse.  One doctor told me that they really
only understand MAYBE 20% of the human body's function....there's still
a ton of things "unknown" about the body's workings.  I agree with your
comments on this one.

As for engineers, I don't know.  I mean, come on....how is "making a
road" any different than it was 20 years ago???  Civil engineers....I
could have been one of them.  I remember when I was deciding my path!!!
I thought that one (CE) would be boring, as I didn't want to deal with
traffic/roads.

My current thought:  massage therapy.  I could do that.  I actually like
that too.  Con:  I think that'll lead to arthritis much sooner in life.

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC