On 03/23/2011 05:42 PM, Daniel A. Rodriguez wrote:
Paulo de Souza Lima schrieb:
<snip>
By the way, our media is almost done. Just few more details
remaining... But I really didn't understand (yet) how it could fit to
the European or North American contexts. In my point of view, a
PT/PT-BR/ES media makes more sense.
As we will have to do some DNS rework anyways it would maybe make sense
to think now of a South/Central America project and to cope in this matter?

Could you please make your mind up in this concern - things are very
easily changed before some work is done... and then the database has to
get resorted and so on.

What do you think?
In my opinion spanish has to be thought as a whole, that's why I
propose 'Hispano/Hispanic' to identify all countries where spanish is
spoken.
Is Spanish as spoken in Mexico is distinct from Spanish as spoken in
Spain? or Guatemala?
any language spoken in different countries has regionalism, but the
language is the same
That is why there are so many Spanish Dictionaries, it seems.

[I have been bad sick for a bit so I have a lot of emails to catch up on, 300-400. Still not "all there" though]

I use [north to south] Canadian, USA, Mexican, and Latin American Communities as my description to the areas/languages we serve. Was given a link early on to a wiki map showing the countries that are part of "Latin America". I figure that map. if I found it again, would cover most of the Spanish speaking countries in Central and South America.

I was originally thinking of a "generic" Spanish language version that would be for Mexico, but then it was expanded on by the group stating that a "generic" Spanish language version could serve Spanish speaking countries other than Mexico.