On 03/24/2011 05:06 PM, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:
Hi Webmaster for Lungstrom.com, *,

Webmaster for Lungstrom.com schrieb:
On 03/22/2011 04:54 PM, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:
[..]

- easy installing:
Particularly installing windows apps from a html UI using the system
browser is a pain. Thus we decided the kmeleon browser to be
delivered with the medium. It starts via autorun and provides a one
click installation for LibO as well as for all other windows
applications on the medium.  This can be choosen either by clicking
the item in the html UI or by selecting from a menu containing all
available win apps on the medium.
MS, as I recall, did a security cut on what that auto run option will
currently allow.  Last time I heard, the Movie and Audio media were
the only one left in the auto run security update.  I know that I can
not get CDs to auto run and load up the splash screen of ones that I
know worked last year or so.  So I may be right about that.
No known complaints regarding this.

great.
MS messes with so much that it could have made this a problem.
Since it killed some of my older software's CD autorun ability when they are inserted, I knew that MS did reduce is autorun abilities a few months ago.
For Browser based installs, I know that many have removed the
"download/run" option and just use the "download/save" one.  Security
issues again.  The more secure your Windows computer is, the better.
Kmeleon browser isn't installed on the computer, but running from the
medium for the sake of showing contents and installing software.  The
latter is achieved by a mechanism developed for that task.

Never heard of "Kmeleon" so did not know about what it could do.
So making an easy to install CD/DVD is not easy if you think about
those who no longer have auto-run or download-run options available
to them.
As said: We didn't recieve complaints about hassles.

[..]

Gruß/regards