Hi Slau & brian,
I have been dealing with this same problem of VoiceOver loosing focus while inside a plugin for no apparent reason.. I constantly half to go to the window overview "VO F2" and vo space on the plug window I was in..
may be there is a work around???
Using hot spots sometimes  helps..
Speaking about hot spots I thought hot spots could monitor changes taking place at that hotspot?? As I said in a recent post Constantly queering the parameter change taking place is cumbersome, but I am glad we can now! LOL

talk soon