Actually, I forgot that the bcf2000 doesn’t
need drivers for mac, and should still work.  Let’s hope so.
Gord

From: Kevin Reeves
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 9:06 PM
To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: my control surface dilemma, a real drag

I've been recording to an SSD for the past three years. No problems here, and I
  Have recorded eight tracks at a time when recording multi track. This is
directly to the OS drive.  ProTools has been snappy, and incredibly responsive.
Not only that, but I'm also playing sample libraries off of the exact same
drive. Not to mention, this is all on an antiquated 2009 MacBook Pro.  When I
got into this whole SSD thing, Brian Smart told me a long time ago that due to
the speeds of SSD, I would no longer have to compartmentalize everything that
I'm doing. He has  proven himself right. I have a secondary hard drive in this
laptop that is a 750 RPM spinning drive, and I actually noticed a performance
loss when recording to it. So, the SSD wins. As far as avid not approving SSDs,
I'm not sure what that's all about. All of the guys on ProTools expert swear by
solid-state drives, and Have  said nothing about ProTools not working properly
with it.

Sent from my iPhone