On 4/7/2010 8:31 AM, Kaspar Schiess wrote:
Hi

as far as I understood was that the zpool information was lost, hence
puppet thought that there was no zpool anymore. I assume that this means
that zpool-tools didn't know about that anymore either, but it might
have been recoverable with manual interaction.
That's what happened. Actually, it wasn't lost so much as I did remove
it manually in failsafe mode (rm /etc/zfs/zpool.cache) to be able to
boot into normal mode again.

It is correct that zfs normally wont allow to recreate zpool (issuing a
warning about the device already being part of a zpool). Only that when
your OS doesn't know about the pool anymore, you don't want puppet to
create it on the next boot - you will want to recover it. But I guess
I've driven that home.

Use "puppetd --disable" the next time to keep your tools from stampeding over your manual recovery efforts.

Best Regards, David
--
dasz.at OG              Tel: +43 (0)664 2602670     Web: http://dasz.at
Klosterneuburg                                         UID: ATU64260999

       FB-Nr.: FN 309285 g          FB-Gericht: LG Korneuburg