On 4/7/2010 10:44 AM, Kaspar Schiess wrote:
Use "puppetd --disable" the next time to keep your tools from
stampeding over your manual recovery efforts.

I am not sure I understand - I could only boot into failsafe mode at the
time. And the first real boot came up with puppetd running first thing.
I can't think of anything to stop that, short of disabling the master.

Obviously I have no clue what failsafe mode under solaris means, but "puppetd --disable" creates a lock file keeping the daemon from starting puppet runs. It should be used whenever temporary local manual changes are made that potentially conflict with puppet's manifest.

Another alternative would be to disable the local puppet service altogether. I would be much surprised if there is any "failsafe" mode which forbids changes to services.

Best Regards, David
--
dasz.at OG              Tel: +43 (0)664 2602670     Web: http://dasz.at
Klosterneuburg                                         UID: ATU64260999

       FB-Nr.: FN 309285 g          FB-Gericht: LG Korneuburg