On Sat, Jul 13, 2013 at 7:15 AM, Erik Dalén <erik.gustav.da...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I've been missing a way to set which server(s) should be preferred. We
> generally include all our NTP servers in the config but prefer the one that
> is in the same site as the node in question.
>
> So for a machine in site1 it would look like:
>
> server ntp.site1.example.com prefer
> server ntp.site2.example.com
> server ntp.site3.example.com

I'll take a look at this but I have a sneaky suspicion if you just pass in
servers => [ 'ntp.site1.example.com prefer', 'ntp.site2.example.com' ] it
should magically do the right thing.  On monday I'll find that out and make
it do the right thing if not.

I guess what you're saying is it's a pain to modify the list per site?  In
that case we can always add a prefer => 'blah' and have that append to the
site you pick if that works.  I think what I'm saying is here is tell me
the API you'd like most for that and we'll do it. :)

Thanks,