On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 01:03:58AM +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2000, Moshe Zadka wrote:
> > As long as you're breaking things anyway, let me suggest one change:
> > have the "Gtk" prefix stripped from the classes' names (GtkText -> Text,
> > etc) and recommend that Gtk is imported via
>
> I am more in favour of keeping the Gtk prefix, as this seems to be common
> in some of the other language bindings (even the java bindings kept the
> Gtk prefix when the classes were in a gtk package).  Most of your
> application is made up of manipulating widgets, rather than constructing
> them, so the extra three characters is not that much of a problem.

I rather liked Moshe's proposal because it supports the "principle of
least surprise".  This is especially important when there's any chance
of name collision.  The issue of three vs. four character prefix,
("Gtk" vs. "Gtk."), seems to be too small to be a consideration.

--
Randolph Bentson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]