Moshe Zadka writes:
 > Well, I'm not sure how much breakage would be, but it's certainly not up
 > to James alone: Gtk+ 1.4 is sure to break code anyway. As PyGTK is still
 > young, I think there is still hope to fix those things...

  Frankly, I have no idea how real Gtk+ 1.4 is.  I've seen references,
mostly in the Gnome world, but www.gtk.org is a little short on
anything but the 1.2 material and freshmeat announcements.  Is there a
Web site where Gtk+ 1.4 develpment is reported on?  I'm interested in
overview material, not CVS checkins.

 > In the mediaveal times I used Tkinter, my code usually started with
 >
 > import Tkinter;Tk=Tkinter;del Tkinter

  Mine as well.  But I've matured; I just stop at "import Tkinter"
now.  Too many people were confused by the renaming when they went to
read the code.  (No, I really don't understand that....)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.        <fdrake at acm.org>
-