James> I put together a new snapshot while at GUADEC ...

Thanks very much.  I found it and it installed just fine.

    James> It will work fine with the glib/gtk+ 1.3.3 releases (along with
    James> whatever version of pango was released at the time).

I'm having a bit of a problem with pango.  The following simple script gets
a number of GRuntime-CRITICAL errors, then repeatedly tries to open
/usr/local/lib/pango/modules/pango-basic-x.so.la, which fails, finally
terminating with a floating point exception:

    import gtk
    win = gtk.GtkWindow()
    t = gtk.GtkTextView()
    win.add(t)
    win.connect("destroy", gtk.mainquit)
    win.show_all()
    gtk.mainloop()

Does it run for you?  If so, I have some config problems.  If not, perhaps
there is something wrong with pango and/or glib and/or libtool.

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
(847)971-7098