On 6/2/07, Christoph Haas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 03:15:19PM -0700, Ben Bangert wrote:
> > On Jun 1, 2007, at 11:11 AM, Mike Orr wrote:
> > > The introduction can be improved, certainly.  I wasn't here when
> > > Pylons was started or the website was created, but my sense is that
> > > Pylons has evolved since then.  Its first adherents were looking for
> > > *any* framework that was Paste-ified (and thus WSGI-ified) from the
> > > ground up, and Pylons was it.  Now we're getting more Pythoneers who
> > > want "something more modular than Turbogears", non-Pythoneers who want
> > > "something like Rails", newbies who want "something easy to code,
> > > scalable, performant, and stable".  The trick is to address all these
> > > audiences.  If we focus totally on newbies, that leaves everybody else
> > > cold.  Plus we need to focus on building 1.0 right now, not on
> > > bringing in hordes of newbies  Because...
> >
> > We definitely need new copy for the website introduction and
> > overview. Any volunteers?
>
> I'm currently extending my "concepts of pylons" article into a longer
> (actually it looks like it's getting longer than I expected)
> introduction. It's still beta but I tried to sum up the advantages and
> fun features about Pylons in
> http://workaround.org/pylons/beginning-pylons.html#what-makes-pylons-stand-out-from-other-frameworks

This is excellent!  Especially starting with the interactive debugger
and "paster shell".  And it does a good job of tooting WSGI without
going overboard.

I would put this on, add some quotes from users and links to success
cases, and the necessary download links, you'd have a home page.

PS. The link to my article has a trailing ")".

--
Mike Orr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>