This is all highly opinionated, but here are some of my suggestions.

I think you should consider changing domain names.  I don't think the
name Pylons is bad, just combined with the domain pylonshq.com it just
doesn't stick.  I'd suggest using pylonsframework.org for the following
reasons:

.org - Eludes to an open source/non-profit.   If Pylons is open
source/non-profit I think its a feature that you should mention to your
visitors... I didn't see licensing information anywhere on the homepage?

pylonsframework - Eludes to Pylons being a framework right in the
domain.  I'd click on a URL for pylonsframework.org before pylonshq.com.

In general, the things that brought me to Pylons was the 1) speed and
libraries of Python and 2) MVC development.  Both are not even mentioned
on  the homepage.  It should be in the first paragraph.  WSGI seems
important, even if I didn't know why, but not a reason I'd choose Pylons
over another framework.  Its not something that I would say in the first
paragraph.   I'd say that most people care about two things: speed (both
development time and application performance) and stability.  These two
key points should be the focus of the introduction, to grab the visitors
attention.  I do think Pylons is flexible, which can be a feature, but
it can also be a hindrance... especially for newbies.  Thats tricky.

I hate to mention the word, but 'screencasts' is almost a standard.  It
wouldn't hurt if someone could put one together.

I hope that I'm not coming off as being overly critical.  Pylons is a
great framework.  Keep up the good work!