Hi Dan,

Thanks for taking the time to publish what you learned.

I publish because the feedback from others helps me learn from and correct my mistakes, and my future self appreciates the reference material. It's a continual process. Practice makes a little better.

For learning git, I found that visual tools and guides helped me much more than narrative documentation with commands. GUI tools like Sourcetree[1] and PyCharm's VCS integration[2] helped me see what goes on when issuing commands. GitHub provides a visual guide of the GitHub Flow process[3].

[1] https://www.sourcetreeapp.com/
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFnYQbUZQlA
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w9XWHDSSa4
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHkiCKG-JhM
[3] https://guides.github.com/introduction/flow/index.html

--steve

On 3/11/17 at 8:08 PM, wpu.cl...@gmail.com (Dan Clark) pronounced:

Certainly, that was my intention. As I get some time I will look into it. I
still have work to do on my site as well.

Thanks so much for the feedback! All of this has been an exhilarating
change of pace for me.

--Dan