Andi Vajda wrote:
> it is my understanding that current JCC can be built with mingw32 out of the
> box (apart from changes in compiler and linker settings in setup.py).
>
> If there are patches to be applied for this to work out of the box, please
> send them in so that they can be merged in. There already is conditional
> code in JCC for this compiler (checking __WIN32 to be defined).
>
> I know of one JCC user, a subscriber to this list, wink wink, who builds JCC
> with the MinGW compiler. He should chime with better information, I hope.

Ah, I didn't know that the latest version of JCC works with MinGW32 out
of the box. I tried half a year ago and gave up in the favor of VS7. I
have both at my disposal and I chose the easier path.

> As an alternative, Microsoft's $0.00 VC++ compiler, called VC Express, is
> also known to work.

AFAIK it's getting harder and harder to acquire VS 7 for free. Microsoft
has removed all download links unless you have a MSDN subscription.

> Last but not least, cygwin's gcc is not known to work with JCC. People have
> tried but no one has reported success yet.

The outdated gcc version in Cygwin doesn't understand some C++ features
used by JCC. There is an unofficial gcc 4.x bundle for Cygwin on the
internet. Google for it.

Christian