Hello, I am not present. I am Hugo from Argentina and my English is quite bad. Well, let's see if I understand.

- JCC already within PyLucene.
- I need to have Java installed, I have the jdk1.6_7
- I have Python, version 2.5. I'm a Python developer (Turbogears)
- Need c + +. For this MingGW lower-5.1.4, but I say that does not work (if I understand you wrong). The idea is to drop a compiler for c + + where. Is that correct?.

P.D.: CygWin as I used to meet the c + +?

Saludos

Christian Heimes escribió:
Andi Vajda wrote:
it is my understanding that current JCC can be built with mingw32 out of the box (apart from changes in compiler and linker settings in setup.py).

If there are patches to be applied for this to work out of the box, please send them in so that they can be merged in. There already is conditional code in JCC for this compiler (checking __WIN32 to be defined).

I know of one JCC user, a subscriber to this list, wink wink, who builds JCC with the MinGW compiler. He should chime with better information, I hope.

Ah, I didn't know that the latest version of JCC works with MinGW32 out
of the box. I tried half a year ago and gave up in the favor of VS7. I
have both at my disposal and I chose the easier path.

As an alternative, Microsoft's $0.00 VC++ compiler, called VC Express, is also known to work.

AFAIK it's getting harder and harder to acquire VS 7 for free. Microsoft
has removed all download links unless you have a MSDN subscription.

Last but not least, cygwin's gcc is not known to work with JCC. People have tried but no one has reported success yet.

The outdated gcc version in Cygwin doesn't understand some C++ features
used by JCC. There is an unofficial gcc 4.x bundle for Cygwin on the
internet. Google for it.

Christian