Hey again PyMOL gurus,

>* O. J. Ganesh <ojgan...@mbi.ufl.edu> [2006-05-18 16:09] wrote:
>>
>> Hey PyMOL gurus:
>>
>> I have a 'perfect' helix. Is there some way to 'loosen' all of the
>> angles in the helix so instead of 3.6 residues per turn, I could
>> have, say, 8 residues per turn. My goal is to make the helix more
>> 'coil-like'. Is this possible?
>
>Well, if you know the phi/psi angles you like, then you could just build
>it and specify those angles with my build_seq.py script:
>
>http://adelie.biochem.queensu.ca/~rlc/work/pymol/build_seq.py
>
>You can specify the phi, psi angles on the command line. Alternatively,
>you can create a file of resname, phi, psi and build it with:
>
>http://adelie.biochem.queensu.ca/~rlc/work/pymol/build_seq_phi_psi.py
>
>if you don't want the phi/psi angles to be the same for every residue.
>
>Cheers,
>Rob

Thanks Robert Campbell,
I've actually used the build_seq_phi_psi.py script before, and it is WONDERFUL!
  I can (and probably will) use it in this case also.   I was just checking to
see if there wasn't an easier way to do this within PyMOL...   Something that
would take a selection of a pdb structure and generally 'loosen' or 'relax' it.
  (I know it sounds vague.)

Thanks again!