2005/10/22, Jim Gallacher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Nicolas Lehuen wrote:
> OK I've checked in Graham's fix for MODPYTHON-83, and unsurprisingly it
> doesn't break anything on Win32. So I'm ready to provide the next beta
> build this week end if we can.
>
> As for MODPYTHON-84 (the one about req.sendfile)I cannot really test it
> since there are no symbolic links in Win2k (only junctions and reparse
> points but that's another story). Likewise, I cannot add a unit test for
> it in the test suite since, well, I cannot test the unit test...
>
> Regards,
> Nicolas

Sendfile calls apr_stat, which is OS specific. In req_sendfile apr_stat
is now called with APR_FINFO_NORM instead of APR_READ. So although
Windows may not have symbolic links I wanted to ensure the change didn't
break normal req_sendfile behaviour as well.

Having said that I realize this would be caught by the normal unit
tests... doh!

Regards,
Jim

Well, no, because the current unit test for req.send_file provides values for offset and length. I'll add another test without offset and length, and check for the length of the result on the client side.

Regards,
Nicolas