On 1/8/22 5:46 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> [...] if you hate type annotations because they are unreadable, then you
> hate Python because Python is unreadable.

Not so. A simple list comprehension is (usually) quite readable, while a triply-nested list comprehension all on one line is not.

Similarly, adding type information in between a variable name and its value is not (for me, and apparently others too) readable.

Most horribly of all, cluttering a function header with type information is
most unreadable.

I started using Python at 2.5. It was simple, clean, and elegant. If I had stumbled on it at 3.16 with samples, tutorials, and books all infused with typing clutter (which *looks* like boiler-plate even if it isn't) I wouldn't have given it a second glance.

--
~Ethan~