On 16. 07. 22 8:48, Miro Hrončok wrote:
On 15. 07. 22 13:18, Petr Viktorin wrote:
- You can use discuss.python.org's “mailing list mode” (which subscribes you to all new posts), possibly with filtering and/or categorizing messages locally.

Hello Petr,

I suppose this might be the preferred way for the old farts like me who prefer mailing lists over a never-ending list of specific websites for each specific thing we are participating in.

What would be a good resource to read about this - where do I learn how to use discuss.python.org's in the “mailing list mode”

Is this note enough?

or what's the easiest way to filter incoming mail into directories based on discuss.python.org categories,

Tags at the start of the Subject line work pretty well (though they can change occasionally).

how do I handle answers/threads,

and finally, how to make this approach effective?

That depends on what's effective for you, I'm afraid. I read/skim everything (except Users), so I might not need as much filtering as you. In my experience, marking/muting a thread works about as well as for regular e-mail threads -- the linearity is suboptimal, but not that bad.

Note that I am capable of googling some of this stuff, but I am preferably looking for your personal tips, as I always assumed you are a mail person, like I am. If you prefer to use the RSS feeds, I am interested in tips there as well.

I don't use RSS feeds.