On 2/12/20 6:43 am, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
That's why I don't make such claims, and instead making a very
different one: that idea with absolute certainty will remove *one* of
50 problems which keep Python slow.

But without an implementation demonstrating an actual speed
improvement, you're only speculating that the problem is,
in fact, keeping Python slow.

I'm also not convinced that the proposed solution is necessary
to remove the problem. A sufficiently smart JIT could notice,
for example, that a particular function doesn't mutate its
arguments and pass them in an optimised way, without needing
any declarations.

--
Greg