On Fri, Dec 10, 2021 at 4:10 AM Carl Meyer <c...@oddbird.net> wrote:

> Another project you may want to look at is MyPyC [1],

Or Cython, which has used a non-standard typing system for years, and is
currently working on adopting the new types.

It’s a very tricky business though, because Cython is generating C code, so
it can’t use even semi-dynamic types. E.g. needs to know if something is an
actual list, rather than a MutableSequence.

I wonder how MyPyC handles that. Honestly, I’m concerned that the Trent
towards static typing will turn Python into a very different language, as
it’s much easy to use “locked down” static types than truly dynamic ones.
E.g list rather than MutableSequence, or even better, the Protocol types.

-CHB
--
Christopher Barker, PhD (Chris)

Python Language Consulting