Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> > That seems to be close to the opinion of Robert C Martin:
> http://blog.cleancoder.com/uncle-bob/2016/05/01/TypeWars.html
> He also has some comments on languages like Koitlin and Swift that have
> gone down that path of mandatory static typing:
> http://blog.cleancoder.com/uncle-bob/2017/01/11/TheDarkPath.html

Yet another example of "Uncle Bob" writing stuff that's "not even wrong". Of
course, typing doesn't catch all bugs; but neither does Uncle Bob's
testing-testing-testing. And never will. Programmers need all the help they can
in catching bugs and also in understanding other people's code - and types are
really helpful for that ... I can't count the number of hours I've spent at
Google, figuring out how something works so that I can add some functionality -
often by adding stuff like logging.info("Type of qqsv: %s", qqsv.__class_).

(On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, I think that mandatory typing would be
fabulous (to paraphrase Brian Reid: "most people won't use types even when you
threaten them"). On Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, I meditate on how
difficult it is to write types in Haskell, which is far easier for typing than
Python. On Sundays, I go for a head-clearing walk in the park.)

PS: For another example of "Uncle Bob" nonsense:
https://groups.google.com/g/software-design-book/c/Kb5K3YcjIXw/m/qN8txMeOCAAJ