On Thu, 9 Dec 2021 at 17:54, deavid <deavidsed...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, I would like to hear the opinion of Python's community on enforcing
> types in the future for the language.

here goes opinion: "no"!

strong no.

while _using_ tooling that have correct typing is a bit easier, it can make
it hard to write
code, code harder to read, and in some instances, simply make it almost
impossible
type correctly what once has been one of the best features of the language:
things that are broad into
what they accept, strict in what they return, while not being ambiguous.

As an example, I will let you with the buitin functions "min" and "max".
Write teh pure-Python correct
annotation for those, and you will understand what people mean by "typing
can be painful".

Moreover, you missed that there are very different profiles of Python
users. Professional coders
working in big projects can take advantage of all the points you listed -
but a lot of people just want a way to "give orders to the computer".