On Mon, 7 Mar 2022 at 09:33, Paul Moore <p.f.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do I care enough to write a PEP? No. So this, like many other small ideas,
> > will probably die on the vine.
>
> Yes, this is the real problem. It's simply not compelling enough, even
> for supporters of the idea, for them to do the necessary work to make
> it happen.

It is indeed a problem. When a good idea dies because it is simply too
hard to get through the hassles of pushing it to a decision, there is
a fundamental problem. It's good to have a bit of inertia, so that
status quo gets maintained, but at the moment, the extent to which
ideas get shot down makes it look as if this list is
python-idea-killing.

This keeps happening. All the successful ideas seem to happen
elsewhere, notably on typing-sig.

ChrisA