El lun, 7 mar 2022 a las 15:35, Chris Angelico (<ros...@gmail.com>)
escribió:

> On Tue, 8 Mar 2022 at 10:20, Brendan Barnwell <brenb...@brenbarn.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > On 2022-03-06 14:43, Chris Angelico wrote:
> > > This keeps happening. All the successful ideas seem to happen
> > > elsewhere, notably on typing-sig.
> >
> >         You seem to see that as a positive thing, but I would be happier
> if
> > fewer typing-related changes made it in.
> >

> I'm not sure whether it's positive or not. All I can see is that
> changes get proposed on typing-sig and actually make it into the
> language, but changes that get proposed on python-ideas are invariably
> shot down in flames, no matter how good or bad. I do NOT believe that
> every idea on typing-sig is good and that every idea on python-ideas
> is bad, so what is it that makes typing-sig actually successful in
> refining ideas into usable form that python-ideas is failing at?
>
> An important point here is that most typing changes aren't language
changes, but just new things added to typing.py. Getting a library function
changed or added is a lot easier than adding new syntax. Besides, typing is
much younger than the language, so there is more remaining opportunity for
useful additions. And there are plenty of ideas that get proposed around
typing that don't make it to PEPs.