On Tue, 8 Mar 2022 at 10:39, Jelle Zijlstra <jelle.zijls...@gmail.com> wrote:

> El lun, 7 mar 2022 a las 15:35, Chris Angelico (<ros...@gmail.com>) escribió:

>> >         You seem to see that as a positive thing, but I would be happier if
>> > fewer typing-related changes made it in.
>> >

>> I'm not sure whether it's positive or not. All I can see is that
>> changes get proposed on typing-sig and actually make it into the
>> language, but changes that get proposed on python-ideas are invariably
>> shot down in flames, no matter how good or bad. I do NOT believe that
>> every idea on typing-sig is good and that every idea on python-ideas
>> is bad, so what is it that makes typing-sig actually successful in
>> refining ideas into usable form that python-ideas is failing at?
>>
> An important point here is that most typing changes aren't language changes,
> but just new things added to typing.py. Getting a library function changed or
> added is a lot easier than adding new syntax. Besides, typing is much younger
> than the language, so there is more remaining opportunity for useful
> additions. And there are plenty of ideas that get proposed around typing that
> don't make it to PEPs.

Not ALL typing changes are just new things in typing.py, so that
doesn't cover everything. And yes, I am sure that a lot of things get
proposed and not implemented - my point is that typing-sig is
successfully finding the good ideas and refining them into actual
code, but python-ideas is 100% shooting ideas to pieces.

ChrisA