On Wed, Dec 7, 2016, at 10:57 AM, Kaitlyn Tierney wrote:
> I think this is exchange is clear proof that the list requires a Code of
> Conduct. Does the list-owner agree, and if so, can we discuss a process
> for enacting one to move this conversation in a more productive
> direction?

Following the vein of trying to move towards productive discussion:
there appears to be some disagreement on how appropriate job posts are
on this list. Daniele mentioned that there's a general consensus that
recruitment messages are allowed, but clearly not everyone is happy
about that.

- Should there be a separate discussion list which does not allow
recruitment messages? This list is generally quite low traffic (except
the last couple of days ;-), so it doesn't seem worth splitting it
further.

- Do we consider some recruitment messages more spammish than others? Is
there a certain level of detail we should expect? Are there guidelines
we can give recruiters wanting to contact the list?

Thomas