> On 7 Dec 2016, at 12:49, Alistair Broomhead <alistair.broomh...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> I would prefer not to hold other people to a higher standard than I hold
> myself. I know I'm certainly guilty of sending an email in a rush before, and
> later seeing that it wasn't perfect.

It happens to everyone; a simple “Oops, sorry, should have re-read before
posting” should be enough to smooth any ruffled feathers.

> The matter of the email's spelling being raked up again and again, when
> Sophie has apologised for it, and pointed out that this is something she
> struggles with on account of her disability, quite frankly stinks of ableism,
> which I have no time for.
> This community has a reputation for being inclusive and friendly. Picking on
> someone's disability is a great way to destroy that reputation. Please don’t.

I am reading your last 2 sentences and I hope I’m horribly misunderstanding
your post; I’m reading that you are implying that I was picking on someone’s
disability. Could you just confirm that I’ve got it completely wrong?