Howdy, all.  I'm writing a build script for UpLib on Windows with msys,
and I'd like to find some way of installing the Python win32 extensions
without running the old-style installer it currently comes with.
Ideally, I'd like to just unpack the code and DLLs in my install
directory, for later installation by my UpLib MSI installer.  Is there
any easy way to create such a simple package -- an MSI installer, or
perhaps a tar or zip file?  I'm working with Python 2.6 and MinGW/msys
on Windows XP.

Looking through pywin32_postinstall.py, I don't think I'll need most of
it -- my python is captive under the UpLib directory, and only used by
UpLib.  I'd prefer not to install the pywin32 dlls in the
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32 folder if possible; I'll just put them with the
other UpLib DLLs.  I won't need "fixup_dbi()".  No shortcuts.

Bill